Friday, December 5, 2014

August {#3 individual grading sheet}

For my second individual connection I chose Rodriguez. I don't know if this connects entirely but its just something I felt about one of my students. To reflect quickly on my Collier connection it is the same student. He struggles in school from a learning disability and also has a tough time with his language barrier. To get inside the mind of my student I feel maybe as time progresses he will improve. One Rodriguez quote that I thought connects to him was " Without question, it would have pleased me to hear my teachers address me in Spanish when I entered the classroom. I would have felt much less afraid. I would have trusted them and responded with ease." (34) I feel this thought went through my students mind. If things were entirely in his first language he would have felt comfortable in the classroom. The material would have been easier for him to understand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment